HAPPILY EVER AFTER STARTS HERE
Whether you stumbled onto this page on purpose or by accident, we thought we would give a traditional Texas “Hi ya’ll!” and give you a glimpse into just who we are here at Gruene Estate.
Gruene Estate is Gruene’s premier boutique wedding and event venue. A truly one-of-a-kind venue in the heart of the Gruene and New Braunfels area. The original Gruene Family Farm of Ernst & Antoinette Gruene spreads over 17 secluded acres between Historic Gruene and New Braunfels, Texas. Since 1852, this home has been a sincere labor of love. Our family continues the Gruene family tradition by preserving the history and adding beauty with modern elegance to our venue. Our vision for Gruene Estate was to create a one-of-kind wedding and event venue in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. We searched long and hard for very unique pieces that would make our chapel and venue a special place. Couples come from near and far to start their lives together at our beautiful wedding venue, and to take advantage of all of the venue’s stunning details. Our company mantra is that our brides and grooms are our number one priority!
We are all about the details here at Gruene Estate! It’s exciting for us to see different brides use these details while bringing their own style and perspective to the venue. We have a newly renovated pavilion, catering and bar area, all focused on creating a unique wedding experience for them. The flow and ambiance of the entire venue matches our Gruene Estate original open-air chapel, and the rustic elegance that our couples know and love! Our goal has always been to create a wedding venue which allows couples to have an authentic, one-of-a-kind boutique wedding experience in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.
We are so proud of the fact that Gruene Estate is a historic property that continues to thrive as a business. The Gruene family built their businesses with pride, ingenuity, and good old-fashioned hard work. Those same principles are still at work. Times have changed, and although we are no longer farming cotton, those are the foundations of how we approach each wedding at Gruene Estate.
When the vision for Gruene Estate began, we wanted to create something unique and different. Since our property is the original historic homestead of the Gruene family, we knew that we had a responsibility to create something authentic. We wanted to give couples the opportunity to have a truly incredible wedding experience at a state-of-the-art facility, and at the same time stay true to our history and landmark status. A few historic details we are particularly proud of are the open-air chapel, the authentic stained-glass windows, and the bell tower!
We always knew that we wanted to have an open-air chapel, that would allow our guest to enjoy the intimacy of the space, but also relish the beauty of the open hay fields, longhorns, and horses. Additionally, as luck would have it, we came across five gorgeous stained-glass windows in the summer of 2012 at an auction in San Antonio. The windows were removed from a church being demolished in Central England. We were able to restore them to their original state and had them appraised by a stained-glass expert and his determination was that they were well over 100 years old! Finally, what chapel would be complete without a bell tower? We searched far and wide for a bell that would fit aesthetically with our design and history. One company stood out amongst all the others, and we decided that Verdin Bells and Clocks was the right choice for us. Their history matched our history. Like Gruene Estate, their tradition of excellence stretches back well over 150 years. The bell that was cast for Gruene Estate is well over 300 pounds and will still be here when our children’s children inherit the land. It is truly a remarkable piece, that couples are able to ring as they leave our open-air chapel united in marriage.
Another exciting addition we have made to the venue that brings a new level of charm and sparkle is a multi-use area that is framed by three gorgeous chandeliers hanging from our 60-year-old hackberry tree! Not long ago, we were looking at new and innovative ways to improve Gruene Estate. The hackberry tree is at the back-fence line of the historic Gruene family home’s backyard, and the space has gone unused in past events. We saw this space as a perfect opportunity to add to the charm and uniqueness of the venue! The 60-year-old branches are spaced perfectly to hang lights on, but while lovely, simple Edison bulbs just weren’t innovative enough. The more we looked at the spacing of the branches, we realized that they would be perfect to hang chandeliers from! After a full year looking all over the state wherever we could find, we were able to find three antique chandeliers the were similar in size and shape, each complimenting the other. Bigadyke Lighting Company rewired them for us and discovered that the heaviest chandelier was actually made of solid brass! It dates back to the mid 1800’s and is a true gem. The addition of these antique chandeliers at Gruene Estate helped to finish out the perfect multi-use space. In the time since they have been added to the venue, they have been used in countless different ways. We have seen brides put a cake table under them, an additional food station, a boho hang out lounge area, a second bar area, and a photo booth. This space and the chandeliers are just a small part of the many unique “extras” included in the Gruene Estate wedding packages.
Along with the above historical features, we have so much to offer here at Gruene Estate. Below are more of the amenities and unique additions we are happy to offer our bride and groom on their special day to make it perfect.
- The Original Open-Air Chapel: Use of the one of a kind chapel that seats up to 250 guests for rehearsal and ceremony.
- Open-Air Pavilion: A gorgeous modern farmhouse covered pavilion with chandeliers and string lighting inside and outside. If you are looking to bring food trucks out, our open-air pavilion provides enough space for up to three food trucks to park immediately next to the dance floor and reception area!
- On-Site Accommodations: We offer the ability for up to 12 guests to stay on-site for one or two nights.
- Parking: Large area for parking on-site with golf cart attendants to shuttle guests to the chapel on the day of the event.
- Décor Items: A unique selection of handpicked, vintage décor items are available at no extra charge, including plenty of French baskets, lanterns and containers for flowers and candles.
- Lighting and Soundsystem: Our state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems will allow you to create your perfect romantic and unforgettable ambiance. Additionally, we have a concert stage for a DJ or band with dedicated outlets.
- Tables and Chairs: Handmade tables and chairs made from reclaimed Iowa barn wood add rustic elegance.
- Corn Hole and Washer Yard Games: Dedicated game area with furnished games and plenty of room to bring your own.
- Large Fire Pit Surrounded by Adirondack Chairs: A fire pit for s’mores, enjoyable conversation, or watching the longhorns, horses, and deer graze in the pasture nearby.
- Bar & cocktail area: Plenty of room for a bar set up and overlooks the fire pit and game area.
- Vintage Lounge Area: A perfect spot to enjoy a drink and conversation while relaxing on our antique outdoor couches.
- In House Coordinator: Let us take your stress away leading up to the wedding and particularly day of! Our day-of professional coordinator includes a final detail meeting, wedding timeline, and day of event management.
- Professional staff on-site at check-in: Available staff for greeting vendors, facilitating set-up, and providing assistance throughout the event.
- Open availability and access to property: We offer use of the property for a bridal portrait session before the day of the event. Additionally, we offer easy day of access to the venue for vendor set-up and drop-off, including a caterer prep kitchen and private entry for vendors.
- Day-of Accommodations: Along with use of the event space, we offer a Private Bridal House and a separate Groom’s Cottage.